Your business’ lighting is critical to its success, and with commercial lighting rapidly changing, you could be light years behind the times. Don’t let your business be left in the dark. Take advantage of the perks of modern lighting!
A Blast From The Past
Buildings constructed just 20 years ago harbour energy-hogging lighting systems in dire need of replacement. Consider computer’s built in the 80s and 90s versus today’s models, and that will give you an inkling of how far behind the times your lighting systems are – and you’re not alone. More than 75 percent of buildings are over 20 years old, collectively wasting more than $50 billion annually by holding on to antiquated lighting systems.
What’s it Worth to You?
Depending on your business type, 20-50 percent of your electricity budget is sucked up by lighting demands. This means energy-saving improvements could really help manage costs. In fact, with continually improving bulbs, fixtures, and controls, lighting typically provides the highest return on investment among major upgrades. The right combination could pay for itself in three to five years, and save you 25-50 percent annually on lighting energy. How much would you save?
Lighting upgrades also offer:
- Better lighting quality.
- Improved performance and productivity – a mere one percent improvement could provide savings that exceed your entire energy bill!
- Increased health and safety.
- Boosted sales and profits.
- Reduced carbon footprint.
- Improved system performance and reduced maintenance needs.
- A drop in A/C and refrigeration demands (in some applications and geographic areas).
- Peace and quiet, versus the hum of older lighting technology.
Replace your outdated lighting systems with newer, more efficient product and controls:
- LEDs- Light-emitting diodes use 75-80 percent less energy than incandescent lights and last up to 25 times longer.
- CFLs- Compact fluorescent lights use 75 percent less energy and last 10 times longer than incandescents, coming in an array of colours.
Commercial fluorescents– These overhead lighting options use 1/5-1/3 as much energy as incandescents, last 10 times longer, and offer comparable lumen ratings (the amount of light a light source produces).
- HIDs- High-intensity discharge lights are extremely efficient and great for warehouse and commercial settings, producing large quantities of very bright light.
Halogens- Twice as efficient as incandescents, their bright white light is great for outdoor applications such as security and stadium lighting.
- Sensors- Sensors such as occupancy and daylight sensors responding to signals such as light, movement, and temperature, offer convenience, energy savings, and safety.
- Dimmers- Control light intensity and save energy.
- Bi-level switches- Turn off half the lights in a room when full illumination is unnecessary.
By upgrading your lighting you will not only see unprecedented advantages in areas such as productivity and reduction in your bills, but you will be positively contributing to the reduction of pollution by using more efficient lighting solutions.
At Camtec we understand that there are a lot of factors to ensuring that you are receiving the requirements necessary for your individual business, and at Camtec we can provide quality expertise to make sure your lighting is not left in the dark ages!